Tuesday 10 July 2007

Ze Visa Troubles Continue

I hate visas. I hate them with every fiber of my body. Not only do they cost a lot of money, time and nerves, they're also trying to crush my soul. So far they're doing a pretty good job of it, too.

What happened this time? Well, somebody at the visa service screwed up and applied for our Kazakhstan visas with a request for processing in seven days instead of one, as planned. This means we'll have to wait for them until next Monday, when they should have been here today.

Maybe, just maaaaaybe we can still get both the visas for Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan done in the last week, but most likely we will have to skip Kyrgyzstan. Frankly, that wouldn't be a total disaster. I'm really looking forward to Uzbekistan, but Kyrgyzstan is not a major part of our planned route. Still, I'm not happy about it.

Not the least because I've once again had to fill out visa forms and now I'm once again heading to the post office. Fun, fun, fun.

No comments: